Tuesday 26 August 2014

Leap of Faith

Indulging my compulsion to express myself and share my own evolution. It is almost too irresistible and has come to me this morning as the same desire to eat or drink coffee.

Imagine Look See

I named my website with this, I suppose term of inspiration or maybe even a mission statement, years ago. With no real meaning or context as such, just a glimmer of inspiration and maybe like looking through a shard of a broken mirror looking at a prophecy of a future me.
From such irrelevance it provides so much relevant inspiration to me.

Imaging and having lots of ideas can be a burden. I can literally think and imagine my life away. 
It was said by Thomas Edison 
"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration".
The real work comes in taking those dreams in to fruition.

The Bible Hebrews 11:1 talks about "Faith" 
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"

I compare hope to being able to see something better but then faith is the belief and the fulfilling of hope. Faith is the leap we take off a cliff to prove our hope is real.

So LOOKING is about embracing the inspiration and SEEING is about the actual physical manifestation.

Being enthusiastic in my work had me in no end of trouble, effectively got me nowhere and for all my effort I had nothing to show for it.
When the opportunity came along to do what I love, it was not all flowers and roses.
It meant leaving a comfort zone, looking seriously at myself and my work.
I sometimes come across as jovial and not very serious but as the famous photographer Richard Avedon said
"About my work I am serious"
My leap of faith meant leaving behind my safety nets. 
Having experienced some awful lows, I would not like to say poverty but at times it was a struggle but also the kindness of people and a discovery of the most beautiful friendships.

For almost 2 years I having been soaring blindly experiencing the most excitingly frightful journey. It is contrary that the thing I love is that I do not know exactly how it is going to all pan out but it is this unknown that scares the life out of me. It makes me anxious at times.

So I think what it is I wanted to say is, no leap of faith comes without fear. 
If there is no fear you probably ain't pushing yourself or your just plain crazy. 
Jim Carey's Father said 
"You can fail at what you don't like so you may as well risk failing at something you love instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment